Dojo etiquette is the way in which we conduct ourselves in the dojo. proper behavior and respect each other.
- Students will bow and say “OSU” upon entering the dojo.
- Proper respect will be shown to all senior belts and elders.
- Prior to addressing a senior belt, students will bow and say “OSU”.
- No shoes are to be worn on the dojo floor.
- Students will warm up with a minimum of noise before classes.
- Black belts will be addressed in the following manner:
SHIHAN – 5th Dan and above
SENSAI – 3rd Dan and above
SEMPAI – 1st and 2nd Dan
- No student will leave the class without permission from the instructor.
- Only a clean white dogi will be worn and any rips or tears must be repaired promptly.
- Fingernails and toenails must be kept trimmed short; students must be clean.
- Any jewellery must be removed prior to training.
- Talking during class will not be tolerated.
- Students will refrain from gossip and disparaging remarks about other schools or styles in Martial Arts.
- All students shall conduct themselves, both inside and outside of the dojo, in such a way as to reflect favorably on the Canadian organization.